Vegan recipes have often been termed as boring and most of the time, constricting. This might have been true at a certain point in time, but there is an absolute game-changer proving all you know about vegan recipes wrong and that is the cauliflower.
This game-changer can practically be used to turn every veggie you termed as normal to an absolute phenomenon.
Since the cauliflower is so versatile, we are going to be looking at 5 of the best vegan cauliflower recipes, to make you understand that vegan has never been this exciting. Let’s go.
- Check out also our previous article: 5 Easy & Healthy Salmon Recipes for Weight Loss
Cauliflower Hot Wings (Vegan & Gluten-free)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes / Total time: 60 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1 head if cauliflower
- gluten-free flour or regular all-purpose flour
- unsweetened plant-based milk
- paprika powder
- spicy BBQ sauce
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- panko breadcrumbs
- sriracha sauce (optional)
- Heat your oven to a temperature of 350F
- Then cut all your cauliflower into small size florets
- After this combine plant-based milk, water, all-purpose flour, salt, paprika powder, black pepper, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Stir well and then add the florets into the batter for a complete coating.
- Afterwards, roll them panko breadcrumbs for a crispy taste.
6. Lay your cauliflower florets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper with none on top of the other.
7. Bake at the initial temperature for about 25 minutes.
8. Once this is done move the cooked cauliflower wings to a bowl and then add barbeque sauce with one teaspoon of sriracha sauce and let it coat all sides.
9. Once you are done coating, move it over to the baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake again for another 20 minutes at the same initial temperature.
Serve immediately and add some green onions alongside vegan ranch source.
Calories: 245Kcal, Carbohydrates: 46g, Protein: 9g, Fat: 2g, Fiber: 2g
Bikini Body Workouts Program
Get a Bikini Body in 60 Days!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust (Low-carb Keto Pizza)
Prep time: 15 minutes.
Cook time: 40 minutes. Total Time: 55 minutes.
Servings – 4 people
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1.5 pounds cauliflower, florets
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, or 1/3 cup soft cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup pesto sauce
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups (packed) baby spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 4 oz mozzarella ball, sliced
- fresh basil leaves
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat your oven to a temperature of 400F.
- Remove your cauliflower florets from the stem and then grate them using your grater or food processor.
- Add your cauliflower rice your microwave bowl and then cover for 5 minutes to soften.
- Take the softened rice and pour inside a nut milk bag and then drain to remove excess moisture – drain the moisture as hard as you can.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the drained cauliflower and then add seasonings, egg, and cheese. Mix them to form the dough for the pizza.
Then the next thing you need to do is press the dough into an even circle on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake this for about 24 minutes and then remove it from the oven. You can likewise flip the crust and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add all toppings and bake again for an extra 8 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy
Then, you can cook pesto pizza or Margherita pizza from the ingredients mentioned above.
Calories: 177Kcal, Carbohydrates: 10g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 11g, Fiber: 4g
Spicy Vegetarian Cauliflower Soup
Prep time: 30 minutes.
Total Time: 60 minutes.
Servings – 8 people
- 1 t.sp. olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 pound gold potatoes, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 jar roasted red peppers
- 1 can Great Northern beans
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 handfuls baby spinach or kale
- Salt and freshly-cracked black pepper, to taste
- Over medium heat in a large pan, heat your oil.
- Add your onions and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir for an additional 3 minutes.
- Then add your crushed red pepper flakes, vegetable stock, carrots, celery, potatoes beans, cauliflower, cumin, tomatoes and green chiles, roasted red peppers, and stir well to combine.
- Keep cooking until the soup simmers. Then make the heat medium-low and allow it to cook for another 20 minutes till the veggies are tender.
- Add the greens and stir until well combined, then add salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy – add toppings if desired.
Calories: 143Kcal, Carbohydrates: 27.9g, Protein: 5.6g, Fat: 1.9g, Fiber: 5.5g
Bikini Body Workouts Program
Get a bikini body in just 2 months!
Indian Cauliflower Potato Curry
Prep time: 15 minutes.
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 lb gold potatoes
- ½ cauliflower head
- ½ cup diced fresh tomatoes
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium heat, heat your coconut oil in a large skillet.
- Then add mustard seed and cumin and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add your onions and stir properly and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add the coriander, cayenne, turmeric, and garlic powder and cook for another 1 minute.
- Add cabbage, tomatoes, potatoes, ¼ cup of water, and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Combine properly and reduce heat to low temperature, and then cook while covered till the potatoes are mashed – 30 minutes.
- Once it is cooked, add in your cilantro, black pepper and salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.
Calories: 479Kcal, Carbohydrates: 109g, Protein: 17g, Fat: 8g, Fiber: 15g
Quick Crisp Cauliflower
Prep time: 10 minutes.
Total Time: 30 minutes.
Servings: 2 people
- For Cauliflower
- 1 large head cauliflower (stems/core removed, chopped into bite-size florets)
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil (or sub other neutral-flavored oil with high smoke point)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp curry powder or shawarma spice blend
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- FOR COOKING
- 1-2 Tbsp avocado oil (or sub other neutral-flavored oil with high smoke point)
- FOR SERVING optional
- Fresh cilantro
- Toasted slivered almonds*
- Fresh tahini
- Preheat your oven to 450F
- Chop your cauliflower and spice your chopped cauliflower with a seasoning of choice and oil.
- Sear on your stove at medium heat and heat until it has a browned body.
- Then roast for 15 minutes in your oven till it is slightly tender and crispy on the edges.
- Serve and enjoy.
Calories: 119Kcal, Carbohydrates: 11.5g, Protein: 4.3g, Fat: 7.6g, Fiber: 4.6g
What is your favourite cauliflower recipes? Don’t hesitate to share your recipes and photos in the comment section.