Apologies for being a bit tardy on the links this morning. Even though Johan Franzen doesn’t sleep (he waits), I was way too tired last night to get anything started.
- They say “if you snooze, you lose.” It looks like those of you who didn’t heed my last warning might be S.O.L. in getting tickets to the Big Chill. The Michigan athletic department hasalready sold 100,000 tickets and are now cutting off sales. This game is going to be epic.
- Baseball lost another giant this week. Robin Roberts,a Hall of Fame pitcherfrom the 1950s and ’60s, died yesterday at the age of 83. Roberts primarily played for the Philadelphia Phillies, but also spent time with the Baltimore Orioles, Houston Astros, and Chicago Cubs.
- The Oakland Raiders cut JaMarcus Russell yesterday, solidifying his status as one of the biggest draft busts of all time. The biggest busts? Depending on your definition of “biggest,” that would be either Ryan LeaforTony Mandarich. Pride of Detroit looks at the effect Oakland had on Detroit by taking Russell #1 in 2007.
- If you haven’t noticed by now, the NBA playoffs are coming along at a crawling pace (and that’s putting it nicely). NBA Fanhouse points this out, making the argument that the slow pace kills the drama and momentum of the games. [via @jeskeets]
- Steve Yzerman is currently a finalist for the GM position with the Tampa Bay Lightning, and Mike Illitch is looking to keep Stevie Y in Hockeytown. Illitch wants current GM Ken Holland to become the team’s President so that Yzerman can step into the GM role [via Kukla's Korner]
- Those Mormons. They’re so provocative. [via @JimmyTraina]
Today’s random video and highlight after the jump…
RANDOM AWESOME VIDEO OF THE DAY
Total Pro Sports has found the new “Fastest Way to Die.”
ROB’S HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY
This one’s easy. [via The Triple Deke]